Conference on the traceability of public decisions
A conference is a collection of meetings arranged in a programme, with a number of people invited as speakers, and other information fields typical of large congresses or social events (registration, list of organisations that support or sponsor the event, etc.).
Examples: A conference can be a relevant event for an organization and its members, or take place as part of a participatory process or follow a consultation.
This conference's main mission is to contribute to the reflection for a paradigm shift in the field of lobbying. It is about understanding the possible contribution of social agents as a genuine contribution to decision-making as long as there are control mechanisms that prevent any attack on public integrity.
The General Directorate of Good Governance, Innovation, and Democratic Quality is organizing an event on the traceability of public decisions on December 11, 2023, at 9:30 a.m. at the Auditorium of the Administrative District. The event will feature introductory sessions on the mission of the General Directorate and normative perspectives, as well as panel discussions with experts on the traceability of influence activity and the explainability of automated decisions.
- 9:30 a.m. - Welcome
- 10:00 a.m. - Normative perspective
- 10:30 a.m. - Innovation challenges
- 11:00 a.m. - Coffee break
Block I: Traceability of Influence Activity in Public Decisions
11:45 a.m. - Panel discussion. Moderator: Gemma Calvet Barot
- Àngel Mesado Jardí, member of the Association of professionals in institutional relations (APRI).
- Núria Almirón Roig, Associate Professor at Universitat Pompeu Fabra and member of the Critical Communication research group (CRITICC).
- Lluís Corominas Díaz, Director of the Transparency and Good Governance Foundation of the Catalan Association of Municipalities (ACM).
Block II: Traceability of Decisions Made by Automated Decision Systems
12:55 p.m. - Panel discussion. Moderator: Albert Cañigueral Bagó
- Mireia Artigot Golobardes, Ramon y Cajal researcher at Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Oriol Mir Puigpelat, Professor of Administrative Law at Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Ricard Faura Homedes, Head of the Service for Inclusion and Digital Training of the Government of Catalonia.
1:55 p.m. - Open floor
2:15 p.m. - Closing: Jaume López Hernández, Director General of Good Governance, Innovation, and Democratic Quality.
December 11, 2023
9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Auditorium of the Administrative District of the Generalitat de Catalunya
Carrer del Foc 57, Barcelona (08038)