Presentation ceremony of the 1st edition of the Metropolitan Commitment Awards
A conference is a collection of meetings arranged in a programme, with a number of people invited as speakers, and other information fields typical of large congresses or social events (registration, list of organisations that support or sponsor the event, etc.).
Examples: A conference can be a relevant event for an organization and its members, or take place as part of a participatory process or follow a consultation.
The Barcelona Metropolitan Strategic Plan (PEMB) celebrates the fifteenth General Council and the first edition of the Metropolitan Commitment Awards.
On December 12, 2023, the PEMB will convene the 1st edition of the Metropolitan Commitment Awards, an act of public recognition by the association to programs, projects and initiatives that align with the principles that have governed the Barcelona Demà process and which are in force in the deployment of the Metropolitan Commitment 2030.
Accordingly, three types of awards have been established:
- "Metropolitan Dimension" Award. Recognition of the program, project or initiative that most contributes to highlighting the metropolitan scope when dealing with challenges in the context of the CM2030 missions.
- "Missions 2030" Award. Recognition of the program, project or initiative that contributes the most to advancing the fundamental objective of CM2030 (reduction of social and territorial inequalities in the context of climate change), within the framework of the deployment of the eight missions that they configure it.
- "Strategic Alliances" Award. Recognition to the program, project or initiative that best exemplifies multi-stakeholder collaboration, to highlight in particular the fact that cooperation between various actors in the quintuple helix has been key.
During the event, the winner of the 3rd edition of the Santacana Grant will also be announced, a grant called in memory of the first general coordinator of the PEMB, Francesc Santacana, and which is intended for an individual research project that addresses issues related to urban strategies in the metropolitan region of Barcelona.
The awarding ceremony of the 1st edition of the Metropolitan Commitment Awards will also take place within the framework of the European Capital of Democracy, of which the PEMB forms part of the technical office together with Barcelona City Council.
- 10:00 Welcome coffee and opening
- 10:30 Institutional welcome
- 10:40 What is and how is the Metropolitan Commitment 2030 progressing
- 11:00 Presentation of the trophies corresponding to the Metropolitan Commitment 2030 awards (1st edition) in its three categories to the entities promoting the winning projects
- 11:40 Announcement of the winning research proposal of the 3rd edition of the Santacana Scholarship and collection of the diploma by the awarded person from the hands of the jury
- 12:00 Closing of the event and networking vermouth
The event will be led by Odei Etxarte.