Code of conduct
As a community, we would like all participants to abide by the following rules:
- To act fairly, honestly and in good faith with their fellow participants;
- To listen actively;
- To take part in conversations that challenge your view of the world;
- To act with integrity and respect even where you disagree;
- To facilitate transparency and openness as far as possible;
- To help to create a welcoming and respectful atmosphere, abiding by the organisation’s instructions;
- To respect the privacy rights of participants who do not want to be photographed or quoted;
- Everyone taking part in capitalofdemocracy.barcelona (External link), irrespective of their nationality, gender, racial or ethnic origins, religion or beliefs, disability, age or sexual orientation, are entitled not to be harassed.
No form of harassment will be tolerated;
- Any form of harassing or disrespectful behaviour, comments, messages, images or interactions by any participant will not be tolerated;
- You should report any unusual or inappropriate activity directly to anyone on the Coordination Committee (External link) or to the contact link below;
- The Association reserves the right to revoke the attendance privileges of any person or party that violates this provision and to determine the basis on which such a decision is taken.
Code of Conduct and Anti-Harassment Policy response process
Should there be any incident or breach of this code, the Coordination Committee will review it confidentially and respond to any participant who has experienced harassment, inappropriate behaviour or a violation of the code of conduct. The final decision on any disciplinary action will be taken by the Association and communicated to the individuals involved.
Contact us by emailing [email protected]
This Code of Conduct is based on that of PDF CEE 2019, developed by the Fundacja ePaństwo which was itself inspired by AccessNow, the organisers of RightsCon.